Drina, my little agility star

Drina, my little agility star
Drina did everything with flair...

Friday, January 13, 2012

Let the lazy come out

I was thinking this morning about hobbies.  Most people have at least one, some have several all along the same lines and some even have many that are completely different from each other.  Being the somewhat hyper person I am, my guess is that I tend to gravitate towards similar people.  I have recently discovered an alarming fact about myself that I don't think is necessarily healthy.  In the very rare event that I happen to have a free Sunday (we are talking maybe 1x per month, if that), I become very uncomfortable if the day remains unscheduled.  If I wake up that day and still have nothing planned, I get edgy and somewhat bummed out.  It never feels "right" to sleep in and I completely fail at those attempts.  Obviously sleeping in is further complicated by the presence of my precious and always moving 9 1/2 month old Swifter girl.  But, even before she was around to bounce on my head while I was tucked in my warm and comfy bed, sleeping in just doesn't happen for me.  Therefore, I find myself avoiding this situation by making sure to schedule something, anything, on my hard-to-come-by days off. 

Back when I shared living space with my ex boyfriend, we did have frequent 'lazy Sundays' where we spent most of the day on the couch watching some flicks and chowing on some food (and drinking some mimosas and beer most likely).  There would be breaks in the laziness for some sort of doggie exercise but then it would be back to the grind sloth like behavior.  But, now, I just can't do that by myself.  I can't justify it.  In fact, it is sad to say, I really don't ever sit down at home...well, only to eat my cereal at dinnertime. 

The fact is, I am tired.  Like really tired.  So tired I was actually thinking of skipping an agility trial this Sunday where I'm entered with both Brag and Dare.  No, I won't actually skip it, that would be earth shattering but I may just go find a Sunday sometime in February maybe that I will let myself just hang out for the day and lie horizontal on the couch a little bit.  Anyone want to doggie sit that day?? 

5 comments:

  1. WOW! You're alive?!??!?!? I'm having the same problem. Today was my first real day off in foreverthe and I was so uncomfortable doing nothing I cleaned away most of the day! Hope you can get a day for yourself sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a contagious disease! Hope you ended up doing something fun on your rare day off! We must work harder at being lazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a contagious disease! Hope you ended up doing something fun on your rare day off! We must work harder at being lazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya, I try on those weekends to get AWAY from the house if I can. Just go somewhere ELSE I can relax...and relax. Otherwise I am the same way. I know, easier said that done. But getting burnt out isn't fun. I also added in other things besides dog training...I'm liking the balance a LOT more :)

    ReplyDelete